Friday, October 21, 2011

Ball preview

It's that time of year again - time to start thinking about the Birthday Ball!

To save a little money, I'm reusing a gown from two years ago:


I also found some deliciously tacky shoes in the PX's clearance rack:

I've been breaking them in while I hang up laundry outside - totally makes me feel like Betty Draper!  lol

Speaking of Mad Men, I'm thinking about a retro up-do.  I have a mega-girl crush on Joan Holloway.  I was going to go as her for Halloween last year (making Chris be Roger, of course) but I was too morning sick and exhausted to dress up.


My hair might be too long to pull off a Joan 'do (and I don't have bangs), so we'll see what I end up with.

I need to choose a nail polish.  I think I have it narrowed down to Sally Hansen's Pedal to the Metal (a metallic purple shade) or Sinful Colors' Crystalline (silvery light blue):

I worry the Petal to the Medal will look too conservative/goth-y with the black dress but I'm not sure if the blue is dressy enough for the ball.  Maybe I'll go crazy and do my toes in one polish and my fingers in the other!

Our ball is still several weeks away, but it's so much fun putting together a different look each year  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment