Monday, November 7, 2011

More birthday ball inspiration

Been surfing around Pinterest and watching old episodes of Mad Men - lots of ideas for the Birthday Ball!  If I were cool, I'd totally put together a rad inspiration board.  But I'm not.  Oh well  lol

Can't believe I forgot about this episode!
Been looking for a sleek little clutch like hers, but there isn't a lot of choose from at the PX.  Probably going to end up using an old purse from my brother-in-law's wedding a few years ago (this David's Bridal wristlet in champagne).


I'd love to dress it up with a piece of jewelry, I just haven't had a lot of time to go shopping and find the perfect piece of bling.



Found some pictures of sleek, modern bouffants on Pinterest.  My hair has started falling out en masse (another postpartum symptom that no one warns you about!), so not sure if I'll be able to pull off a look like this when I'm going bald.

I also solved my polish conundrum thanks to Pinterest!  



Fun, funky but still classy!  

Speaking of classy, going to keep my makeup low-key and try for a cat-eye.  


I probably won't be able to create something this dramatic (I've got zero makeup skills).  Gotta pick up some liquid liner and start practicing!

The final touch is jewelry.  Since my gown has a halter that covers my shoulders and chest, I'm skipping a necklace.  I'm not sure if I want to do a touch of sparkle by wearing some gemstone studs or keep with retro look by using some bronze-colored pearls (here's an example, and some others here and here).


Only about two weeks to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment