Friday, November 4, 2011

Ice cream!

Since we were right off the 58 today, we deserved a little treat for taking care of the errands...

Yum!

Ban-pa-co, Sugar Cane, Shiiquasa, Salt Cookie, Ube, and Beni-imo

I decided to focus on the Okinawan flavors than the traditional flavors (ie vanilla, chocolate, strawberry, ect) and get some to take home for Chris to share with us.  (Not all of the Blue Seal flavors are pre-packaged, so there's definitely a lot more ice cream cones to try!)

First up, Ban-pa-co!  The name stands for banana, pineapple and coconut.  Very tropical.

Next, Sugar Cane.  Reminded me of butter pecan ice cream.  Tasty!

Shiiquasa Sherbet - not sure what Shiiquasa means, but it looks like a picture of lemons and limes on the lid. A clean, refreshing taste.  I think I might like this with some vodka or champagne poured over the top a la this recipe (or this one.  Aw hell, it's Friday just pour me a drink already!  lol)

Okinawan Salt Cookie - so good!  Not too sweet, not too salty.  Loved this!

Ube - Purple sweet potato.  A little on the savory side for me.  The color is really fun but I'm not sure if I'd get it again

Beni-imo - Another one of my favorites!  Love how mild it is.  I can't really describe the flavor but want to keep eating it

The nicest part of the ice cream, the waitress packaged everything so carefully.  She even included two blocks of dry ice - which made for a fun surprise to keep Owen entertained!

Owen playing with the dry ice

No comments:

Post a Comment