Thursday, November 10, 2011

Whole lotta shaking!

Well, turns out I was wrong about our first quake in Okinawa

Chris and I were talking in the car tonight (btw, Bikkuri Donkey (Donkey Surprise??) is a pretty tasty place for dinner).  After we moved into our house in Okinawa, I remember being woken up in the middle of the night by what I thought was an earthquake.  I remember Chris telling me something along the lines of "no earthquake here, go back to sleep".  But now he's saying that I'm dreaming things up because we definitely did have an earthquake!

I checked online and sure enough, this website says we had a 5.0 at the end of September about 3:30am.

So that brings my grand total to five - one quake in Oregon (in 2001; we were at the coast during the infamous '93 Spring Break Quake and I didn't feel that one), two Virginian quakes (the main one in August then a 4.2 aftershock in the middle of the night), and two Okinawan.

No comments:

Post a Comment