Monday, March 19, 2012

Pot of Gold 5k/Lord of Tengan 10k

This weekend was party time!  I did Kadena's monthly 5k on Saturday and Camp Courtney's Lord of Tengan 10k on Sunday.

The 5k went well.  I was slower by about 30 seconds than the Operation Tomodachi 5k on the 10th (30:39 vs 30:01), but this time I ran up the final hill without stopping.

Start of the Pot of Gold 5k (I'm on the left of the guy wear plaid shorts)

I'm on the right with the braid
The 10k did not go so well.  1:06 - ug!  Almost a PW (personal worst).  I was tired (really had to fight not to turn off the alarm and go back to sleep), the weather was sunny and warm (so far this year, I've only been running indoors or under gloomy skies), and the course was pretty hilly.  But at least I got to meet some of the Stroller Warriors.



A little nervous for the Ayahashi 10k - not sure if I'm going to be able to met my goal of a 10k under an hour.  Just gotta keep training, hit those hills harder, and hope for the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment