Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Weird day at the beach

Not to sound like Cloverfield viral marketing, but there was some odd stuff at the beach today.

Started off just like any other trip to down to the beach.  Owen said there was a boat when we were parking. I thought he was referring to some of the small fishing boats out on the horizon we usually see.  But when I got out of the car I looked towards the ocean and woah! giant boat!!



We made our way down to the beach and this is what was waiting for us in the surf:

wtf
I'm thinking octopus or squid.  Could be a kraken or montauk monster or whatever the heck this thing is, though.  Pretty sure it was dead but I didn't get close enough to find out.

As the boys were playing, I noticed a vertebrae in the sand.  And then I found another, and then some sort of beak, and maybe a pelvis??

Vertebrae and beak?

Hmmmm, let's see.  First we see a boat off the coast when I haven't seen one before (maybe boats this size are out there all the time and we just happened to miss them).  Then the thing in the water (again, maybe sea animals of that size wash up all the time and we've just haven't seen it before).  And then bleached bones (maybe someone just ordered Chili's baby back ribs and had a lovely picnic on the beach).  That could all be simply one big coincident.  Or maybe all that Daiichi radiation caused a mutated creature with a taste for human flesh, the boat woke it up and it's lurking below the ocean surface preparing to attack.

If we do become monster fodder, I promise to film the entire ordeal (while shaking the camera as much as possible, of course).

No comments:

Post a Comment