Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Day 11 (finally!) My favorite things

1. Nike Tempo Shorts
I've been wearing these shorts since I started taking running seriously in about 2005.  I wish they had a zippered pocket for gu, but otherwise super comfy, really durable (I still have my original pair), and there's always new colors coming out.  And of course gotta support Nike because...

2. My Oregon Ducks
Pre lives!

3. Liquid liner
One of the top things I wish I could go back and tell my 20 year old self: use liquid eye liner.  It took me a couple weeks of practice to get the hang of it, but it looks and wears so much better than those crappy, smudgy pencils.

4. Cocktails
Again, 20 year old self, quit thinking the only thing you can mix at home is vodka and Squirt.  Get a lemon juicer (nothing like the fresh stuff - that's why McMenamin's drinks are always so good!), get a shaker, and FFS, simple sugar really is simple!

5. McMenamin's
Especially the Bagdad Theater - nothing like watching a movie with a slice of pizza, an adult beverage, and cheap public transit to take me home!

6. Grunge
I have my Pandora station set up to listen to awesome 90's music.  I can't tell if that makes me groovy like my parents when they'd break out the record player and put on Pink Floyd, The Doors, Led Zeppelin ect.  Or if I'm terminally uncool like those square parents who'd only allowed the Oldies radio station and complained about how Elvis was real music not like this rap crap you kids listen to these days.

7. Compression socks
They look goofy, but my pair from 2XU definitely help with recovery.  I'm thinking of splurging on a running pair for Hood to Coast

8.  My necklace from Aden Creations
I worked with the seller to create a custom necklace with little pearls and peridot crystals (the boys' birthstones).  It's so pretty and is the perfect "mom bling" without looking like that tacky Mother's Day crap from Walmart.


9. Starbucks


10. Target


11. Mac+cheese
Cracker Barrel's is one of my favorites, especially with strawberry on biscuits and a glass of Coke.  I don't know how I worked there and not weighed 400lb



12. Converse 
All-Stars, low top in navy

13. Paris
Our vacation was better than I ever imagined.  Can't wait to go back again.

14. Playing MarioKart

15. BOB jogging strollers

No comments:

Post a Comment