Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Days 15, 16, 17, 18

Fear: Recycled from this post

#16: Top Of My Bucket List
Finish an Ironman

Flowers: Recycled from this post

#17: My Proudest Moment
Finishing my first marathon.

The idea of running a marathon wasn't for my family or my husband or because someone told me to, it was something I wanted to do for myself.  I worked double and triple shifts to pay for the trip and race fees.  No one trained with me, no one went with me to Disney World (Chris was deployed to Iraq, my family couldn't afford the trip from Oregon, none of my friends wanted to go), and no one ran with me that day.

Bridge: Traveling from Okinawa World to Kokusai Street (on 329, I believe)


#18: My Blog Name
いきましょう (ikimasho) means let's go - our general attitude of exploring, trying new things and (trying to be) active while enjoying island life.  (The "oki-ok" part of the url was just me getting tired of trying to think of clever names that Blogger would accept.  Now I think it sounds like Okinawa-Oklahoma, but it's too late to think of something more catchy.)


Abstract

No comments:

Post a Comment